Aug 19, 2022
Degree Requirements for Other Programs
Summary of Graduation Requirements
To graduate with Business Education major (non-business degree) in the School of Business, the student must:
- Meet the requirements of the pre-requisite core in the major as listed in the catalog. A GPA of 2.5 or better is necessary in all core areas in the major.
- If minor is necessary, meet the requirements as stated in the catalog.
- Meet the other requirements for graduation as defined by the University.
- Complete the general education requirements. Transfer students can meet this requirement by the following means:
- Complete the GE requirements at one of the other four-year colleges in the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE), or
- Complete the associate of science or associate of arts degree from a community college within the USHE. (Transfer students from other community colleges must have the general education requirements evaluated by the registrar). Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree must take the American Institution requirement to graduate (this course may be taken at a junior college or at SUU. See the Academic Advisement Center or Registrar’s Office for a suitable equivalent.)
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours
- Complete a minimum of 40 upper-division semester hours (course number 300 or above from an accredited four-year college or university).
- Have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Have a 2.5 GPA or better in all of the business core and upper-division major core requirements.
General Education Core
See General Education
- Core Course Requirements 16-17 credits
- Knowledge Areas Requirements 16 credits
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the Experiential Education Requirement courses for graduation.
Experiential Education Requirement - EDGE (1-3 Credits)
Complete One Track:
Original Project Track (3 Credits)
Students create a project of their own design
Select Project Track (2 Credits)
Students select a project from the designated list
BS Degree — Math or Science minimum requirement (12 credits)
Business Education Composite Curriculum Summary (B.S.)
Business Core (27-31 Credits)
* Meets Requirement for General Education
Business Information Technology Core (9 Credits)
Secondary Education Core (40 Credits)
Please see Secondary Education Licensure for the degree requirements for Secondary Education Licensure. Some classes required for the licensure cannot be taken until the teacher candidate has been admitted to the Teacher Education Department. Please consult your advisor or the Teacher Education Department for further instruction.
RECOMMENDED – PBL or DECA at least 1 Semester
Total Credits, B.S. Degree: 120