Jun 06, 2020
The Department of Management, Marketing, and Hospitality strongly recommends that students complete the following courses as part of their General Education requirements, as they are prerequisites for required major courses. Students who do not complete these courses as part of General Education can potentially add additional credits and time to their degree.
* Note: Students who are not prepared for this math course may need additional math credits/preparation. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for more information.
General Education Requirement (30-37 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements (12-15 Credits)
- Knowledge Area Requirements (18-22 Credits)
Bachelor’s Degree Type: Arts or Science Requirement (12* or 16** Credits)
Select one degree type from either Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science:
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: A portion of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Some students majoring in non-science fields may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Foreign Language Requirement 16 Credits
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Marketing Curriculum Summary (73 Credits)
Pre-Business Foundation (19 Credits)
Additional Business Foundation (9 Credits)
Select One of the Following
Business Core (24 Credits)
Students must be admitted to the School of Business prior to enrollment in any 3000- or 4000-level course.
Marketing Core (21 Credits)
Select Three Courses from the Following (9 Credits)
Two of the three courses MUST be upper-division MKTG courses. One course (3 credits) may be from the following list:
- a 3000 or higher COMM course
- any upper-division School of Business course (ACCT, FIN, ECON, HRHM, MGMT, MKTG)
- any upper-division foreign language course
- other courses (upon approval)
Free Electives (0-19 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.A./B.S. Degree: 120-126