Feb 29, 2020
NOTE: This program is not currently accepting students.
- All courses must be passed with a “C-” (1.7) or better to be counted in the major.
- Students must earn a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 in the major requirements.
- An applicant for the Basic Vocational - Technical Certificate with endorsement(s) must have a bachelor’s degree in an approved teacher education program and at least two (2) years of successful related occupational experience.
The Department of Engineering and Technology strongly recommends that students complete the following courses as part of their General Education requirements, as they are prerequisites for required major courses. Students who do not complete these courses as part of General Education can potentially add additional credits and time to their degree.
General Education Requirement (31-36 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 Credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 19-23 Credits
Experiential Education University Requirement - EDGE Program (3 Credits)
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the EDGE courses for graduation.
See Experiential Education for more information.
Bachelor’s Degree Type: Arts or Science Requirement (12* or 16** Credits)
Select one degree type from either Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science:
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: Most or all of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Transfer students not majoring in a math or science field may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Foreign Language Requirement 16 Credits
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Technology Education Curriculum Summary (48 Credits)
Students must take 48 credits of engineering technology, engineering, or construction management courses, of which 12 must be upper-division level. Students are advised to carefully review the requirements of the school system they intend to teach in to insure that their course of study meets the requirements of the district. The course of study must be approved by the college advisor.
Professional Education Requirements for Secondary Licensure (38-41 Credits)
To qualify for a teaching license, students must also complete the sequence of professional education courses listed by the Department of Teacher Education and Family Development . Please see the degree requirements for Secondary Education Licensure . Some classes required for the licensure cannot be taken until the teacher candidate has been admitted to the College of Education and Human Performance. Please consult your advisor or the Department of Teacher Education and Family Development for further instruction.
Total Credits, B.A./B.S. Degree: 120-146