Nov 27, 2021
- All courses must be passed with a “C” (2.0) or better to be counted in the major.
- Courses over 10 years old will not be accepted in the major.
- Some courses are only taught one semester per year. Students are strongly encouraged to consult their advisor before selecting coursework, including electives.
The Department of Agriculture and Nutrition Science strongly recommends that students complete the following courses as part of their General Education requirements, as they are prerequisites for required major courses. Students who do not complete these courses as part of General Education can potentially add additional credits and time to their degree.
* Note: Students who are not prepared for this math course may need additional math credits/preparation. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for more information.
General Education Requirement (31-36 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 Credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 19-23 Credits
Experiential Education University Requirement - EDGE Program (3 Credits)
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the EDGE courses for graduation.
See Experiential Education for more information.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: Most or all of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Transfer students not majoring in a math or science field may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Human Nutrition - Pre-Dietetics Curriculum Summary (50 Credits)
Human Nutrition Core (27 Credits)
Select Three of the Following (9 Credits)
Pre-Dietetics Emphasis (8 Credits)
Restricted Elective Courses (15 Credits)
Select a minimum of 15 credits from the following:
Free Electives (31-35 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.S. Degree: 120