Oct 23, 2019
To graduate with Business Education major (non-business degree) in the School of Business, students must:
- Meet the requirements of the prerequisite core in the major as listed in the Catalog. A GPA of 2.5 or better is necessary in all core areas in the major.
- If a minor is necessary, meet the requirements as stated in the Catalog.
- Meet the other requirements for graduation as defined by the University.
- Complete the General Education requirements. Transfer students can meet this requirement by the following means:
- Complete the GE requirements at one of the other four-year colleges in the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE), or
- Complete the associate of science or associate of arts degree from a community college within the USHE. (Transfer students from other community colleges must have the General Education requirements evaluated by the Registrar.) Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree must take the American Institution requirement to graduate. (This course may be taken at a junior college or at SUU. See the Academic Advisement Center or Registrar’s Office for a suitable equivalent.)
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours.
- Complete a minimum of 40 upper-division semester hours (course number 3000 or above from an accredited four-year college or university).
- Have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Have a 2.5 GPA or better in all of the business core and upper-division major core requirements.
- At least one (1) semester of PBL or DECA is recommended.
General Education Requirement (31-36 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 Credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 19-23 Credits
Experiential Education University Requirement - EDGE Program (3 Credits)
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the EDGE courses for graduation.
See Experiential Education for more information.
Bachelor’s Degree Type: Arts or Science Requirement (12* or 16** Credits)
Select one degree type from either Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science:
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: Most or all of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Transfer students not majoring in a math or science field may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Foreign Language Requirement 16 Credits
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Business Education Curriculum Summary (36-40 Credits)
Business Core (27-31 Credits)
Business Information Technology Core (9 Credits)
Select One of the Following (3 Credits)
Professional Education Requirements for Secondary Licensure (38-41 Credits)
To qualify for a teaching license, students must also complete the sequence of professional education courses listed by the Department of Teacher Education and Family Development . Please see the degree requirements for Secondary Education Licensure . Some classes required for the licensure cannot be taken until the teacher candidate has been admitted to the College of Education and Human Performance. Please consult your advisor or the Department of Teacher Education and Family Development for further instruction.
Free Electives (0-14 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.A./B.S. Degree: 120