Sep 27, 2023
2022-2023 General Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG–FOR INFORMATION ONLY]
Program Learning Outcomes: Business Administration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Understand the global, ethical, and sociopolitical context of business.
- Use and integrate knowledge from core areas of business, including finance, accounting, marketing, and more.
- Effectively apply strategic analysis and decision-making skills, supported by appropriate quantitative methods and information technology.
- Integrate the principles of organizational behavior as it pertains to employee motivation, teamwork, and conflict resolution.
Business Analytics Emphasis (MBA)
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current analytical tools.
- Address complex data-driven challenges in the business environment using analytical methods and tools.
- Effectively use strategic analysis and decision-making skills, supported by appropriate quantitative methods and information technology.
Cybersecurity Emphasis (MBA)
- Learn how to analyze, design, and implement Cybersecurity systems.
- Use and integrate knowledge from core areas of business into the technological environment.
- Gain the interpersonal skills to ensure coordination and promote technological improvements.
Finance Emphasis (MBA)
- Learn common valuation approaches as well as the theories used to estimate appropriate discount rates.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of financial statements in order to better evaluate and forecast economic performance.
- Improve students’ skill in developing estimates of future growth and the required cost of capital.
Healthcare Administration Emphasis (MBA)
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the management and organizational processes within the healthcare industry.
- Improve students’ interpersonal and diagnostic skills to become an effective administrator in the current business environment.
- Through the application of current events in healthcare organizations, gain an understanding of operational design and behavior.
Leadership Emphasis (MBA)
- Build on the foundations of leadership by becoming more aware of students’ natural leadership style.
- Explore how students’ personal leadership impacts others and what they can do to become a more effective and authentic leader.
- Learn what it takes to lead effective teams, applying principles in the areas of trust, accountability, conflict resolution, team building, and nurturing multicultural and virtual teams.
Marketing Emphasis (MBA)
- Explore key marketing strategies related to communicating product or service value.
- Learn to apply advanced analytics tools available to address the increasingly complex challenges facing today’s marketers.
- Develop an essential understanding of common marketing models and the most up-to-date research methods.