Sep 29, 2023
See Admissions Requirements for the Master of Accountancy. See Admissions Requirements for the Master of Business Administration.
- Graduate students must complete their program within six (6) years of matriculation.
- All courses must be passed with a “C” (2.0) or better to be counted in the program.
- Students must earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 to graduate. Students who fail to maintain a 3.0 GPA average may be dismissed from the program.
- Graduate courses cannot be repeated more than once.
- Non-accounting students in the Master of Accountancy (M.Acc.) program will be advised to complete the foundation courses prior to acceptance into the graduate program.
- The graduate program is specific in nature and requires a sufficient background of content for success. It is imperative that the accounting core be completed in its entirety.
- The maximum number of credits allowed each semester for graduate students is 12 credits.
- Students may only complete the Business Analytics emphasis for EITHER the Master of Accountancy or the Master of Business Administration, not both.
Undergraduate Business Foundation Courses (21 Credits)
Undergraduate Accounting Foundation Courses (21 Credits)
Total Number of Undergraduate Foundation Course Credits: 42
Master of Business Administration / Master of Accountancy Joint Program Curriculum (45-54 Credits)
Required Core Courses (36 Credits)
Students with undergraduate business degrees may choose to replace the required core course that corresponds to their undergraduate major with an elective course. Only one course may be waived and it must be replaced with an elective course.
Accountancy Emphasis (6-9 Credits)
Students may select one of the following emphases below for the Master of Accountancy:
Business Analytics (9 Credits)
Managerial Accounting (6 Credits)
Public Accounting (6 Credits)
Taxation (9 Credits)
Select 9 credits from the following:
Business Administration Emphasis (6-9 Credits)
Students may select one of the following emphases below for the Master of Business Administration:
Business Analytics (9 Credits)
Cybersecurity (9 Credits)
Select Two of the Following
Healthcare Administration (9 Credits)
Project Management (9 Credits)
Elective Courses (0-9 Credits)
Students must reach the minimum required 45 credits for the joint degree. No further courses may be required depending on the emphases selected for each program. For students who opt for the “general” program for either or both the Master of Accountancy and the Master of Business Administration, up to an additional 9 credits of electives must be selected from the list below:
Other graduate-level courses may be taken as M.B.A./M.Acc. electives only if approved by both the M.Acc. and the M.B.A. Program Directors.
Total Credits, M.Acc./M.B.A. Joint Degree: 45-54
Total Credits, M.Acc./M.B.A. Joint Degree with Undergraduate Foundation: 87-96
This program typically leads to licensure/certification and was designed to meet such qualifications for the state of Utah. Students who are or may be planning to pursue licensure/certification in any other U.S. state or territory may need to meet additional education requirements. This is not a reflection of SUU’s accreditation or quality, as each state and territory regulates their own education requirements for occupational licensure.
Students enrolled in a teacher preparation program may potentially be able to use a Utah educator license to obtain licensure through reciprocity. Additional information may be found through the Department of Teacher Education’s reciprocity table.
An overview of all of SUU’s programs that lead to licensure/certification and the programs’ current determination statuses may be found at www.suu.edu/academics/provost/licensure.html.