Sep 23, 2023
Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of administrative practices germane to the aviation industry and the ability to apply those principles in leadership contexts.
- Graduates will demonstrate basic managements skills and the ability to apply those within the aviation industry.
- Graduates will grasp a conceptual and applied understanding of Total Quality Management (TQM), High Reliability Organization (HRO), and Systems Thinking.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of Aeronautical-Decision-Making principles and practices.
- Graduates will understand and apply principles of aviation safety within contexts associated with administration and leadership.
- Graduates will be able to intelligibly and accurately discuss aviation industry particulars with industry participants, faculty and staff, and fellow students. They will also be able to inform other interested parties of aviation industry particulars which may not be common knowledge to individuals who are not directly involved in the aviation community.
- All courses must be passed with a “C” (2.0) or better to be counted in the major.
- Aviation-related internship credits are strongly encouraged. Internship credits can be applied in the general elective block of the degree. The course instructor or Chair of Aviation Sciences will determine if an internship experience is aviation related. Students working toward this degree should register for AVTN 4890 - Professional Aviation Internship for any internship credits the student would like to apply toward this degree. At the discretion of the Chair of Aviation Sciences, internship credits for AVTN 2890 - Aviation Internship and potentially other internship courses at SUU may be applied towards the requirements of this degree. Any allowances will be applied by the appropriate substitution policy and documentation. A maximum of six (6) credit hours of internship credit may be applied toward this degree.
Bachelor’s Degree Type: Arts or Science Requirement (12* or 16** Credits)
Select one degree type from either Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science:
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: A portion of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Some students majoring in non-science fields may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Foreign Language Requirement 16 Credits
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
General Education Requirement (30-35 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements (12-15 Credits)
- Knowledge Area Requirements (16-20 Credits)
Please note: All students must complete a minimum of 30 credits between the Core and Knowledge Area requirements.
Aviation Administration and Leadership Curriculum (50 Credits)
Aviation Core (16 Credits)
Aviation Electives (12 Credits)
Select 12 credits from the following:
Business Management (22 Credits)
Free Electives (19-46 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.A./B.S. Degree: 120