May 31, 2023
2021-2022 General Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG–FOR INFORMATION ONLY]
Engineering Technology - CAD/CAM Emphasis (B.S.)
Program Learning Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- All courses must be passed with a “C-” (1.7) or better to be counted in the major.
- Students must earn a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 in the major requirements.
General Education Requirement (30-35 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements (12-15 Credits)
- Knowledge Area Requirements (16-20 Credits)
Please note: All students must complete a minimum of 30 credits between the Core and Knowledge Area requirements.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: A portion of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Some students majoring in non-science fields may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Engineering Technology - CAD/CAM Curriculum (73-74 Credits)
Engineering Technology Core (26-27 Credits)
Select One of the Following (3-4 Credits)
* Students who are not prepared for this math course may need additional math credits/preparation. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for more information.
Select One of the Following (3 Credits)
CAD/CAM Engineering Technology Core (47 Credits)
Free Electives (11-23 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.S. Degree: 120