Jun 07, 2023
Return to: All Programs at SUU
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate effective application of agricultural knowledge and resources to solve problems and perform relevant activities.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication appropriate to the discipline.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of agricultural industries including structure, production practices, and management principles.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of scientific principles related to agriculture.
- All courses must be passed with a “C-” (1.7) or better to be counted in the major.
- Courses over 10 years old will not be accepted in the major.
- Students are strongly encouraged to consult their advisor before selecting coursework. Some courses are only taught one semester per year or every other year.
The Department of Agriculture and Nutrition Science strongly recommends that students complete the following courses as part of their General Education , as they are prerequisites for required major courses and/or requirements for graduation. Students who do not complete these courses as part of General Education can potentially add additional credits and time to their degree. These courses may or may not need to be taken before starting any major courses; consult a Student Success Advisor for details.
General Education Requirement (30-35 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements (12-15 Credits)
- Knowledge Area Requirements (16-20 Credits)
Please note: All students must complete a minimum of 30 credits between the Core and Knowledge Area requirements.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: A portion of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Some students majoring in non-science fields may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Agriculture - Agriculture Education Curriculum Summary (54 Credits)
Agriculture Core (32 Credits)
Select One of the Following (3 Credits)
Agriculture Education Emphasis (22 Credits)
Professional Education Requirements for Secondary Licensure (36-39 Credits)*
To qualify for a teaching license, students must also complete the sequence of professional education courses listed by the Department of Teacher Education . Please see the degree requirements for Secondary Education Licensure . Some classes required for the licensure cannot be taken until the teacher candidate has been admitted to the College of Education and Human Development. Please consult your advisor or the Department of Teacher Education for further instruction.
* Students who complete their teaching methods course(s) and student teaching as part of their major requirements will earn fewer than 36 credits. Those course credits are counted only once in the degree total.
Free Electives (0-5 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.S. Degree: 120-121
Return to: All Programs at SUU