Mar 28, 2023
Return to: All Programs at SUU
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- An ability to support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment.
- All courses must be passed with a “C” (2.0) or better to be counted in the major.
- Credits older than 10 years must be approved by the CSIS Department Chair before being allowed to count towards the major due to the rapid change in the industry.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems strongly recommends that students complete the following courses as part of their General Education , as they are prerequisites for required major courses and/or requirements for graduation. Students who do not complete these courses as part of General Education can potentially add additional credits and time to their degree. These courses may or may not need to be taken before starting any major courses; consult a Student Success Advisor for details.
* Note: Students who are not prepared for this math course may need additional math credits/preparation. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for more information.
General Education Requirement (30-35 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements (12-15 Credits)
- Knowledge Area Requirements (16-20 Credits)
Please note: All students must complete a minimum of 30 credits between the Core and Knowledge Area requirements.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: A portion of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Some students majoring in non-science fields may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Information Systems - Management Information Systems Curriculum Summary (81 Credits)
CSIS Common Core (21 Credits)
Information Systems Required Core (33 Credits)
Management Information Systems Emphasis (27 Credits)
MIS Core Required Courses (15 Credits)
Select Four of the Following Electives (12 Credits)
Free Electives (4-8 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.S. Degree: 120
Return to: All Programs at SUU