May 22, 2022
2020-2021 General Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG–FOR INFORMATION ONLY]
Management (B.A., B.S.)
Program Learning Outcomes
- Possess the technical and analytical skills that are generally used to facilitate decision making in complex environments.
- Be able to communicate effectively through written documents and oral presentations.
- Have strong critical thinking skills.
- Understand ethical issues and standards as they relate to business within society.
- Be familiar with the fundamental principles and tools associated with each major functional area of business.
- All graduating management students will be able to synthesize the fundamental elements of finance, accounting, business law, marketing, economics and management in a manner which enables them to make effective decisions at the corporate level.
- All graduating students will have a working knowledge of the concepts of planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling commercial operations.
The Department of Management and Hotel, Resort, and Hospitality Management strongly recommends that students complete the following courses as part of their General Education , as they are prerequisites for required major courses and/or requirements for graduation. Students who do not complete these courses as part of General Education can potentially add additional credits and time to their degree. These courses may or may not need to be taken before starting any major courses; consult a Student Success Advisor for details.
* Note: Students who are not prepared for this math course may need additional math credits/preparation. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for more information.
General Education Requirement (30-35 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements (12-15 Credits)
- Knowledge Area Requirements (16-20 Credits)
Please note: All students must complete a minimum of 30 credits between the Core and Knowledge Area requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree Type: Arts or Science Requirement (12* or 16** Credits)
Select one degree type from either Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science:
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: A portion of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Some students majoring in non-science fields may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Foreign Language Requirement 16 Credits
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Management Curriculum Summary (73 Credits)
Pre-Business Foundation (16 Credits)
Additional Business Foundation (9 Credits)
Select One of the Following
Business Core (21 Credits)
Students must be admitted to the School of Business prior to enrollment in any 3000- or 4000-level course.
Management Core (27 Credits)
Free Electives (0-19 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.A./B.S. Degree: 120-124