Nov 20, 2019
- All courses must be passed with a “C-” (1.7) or better to be counted in the major.
General Education Requirement (31-36 Credits)
See General Education for course options.
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 Credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 19-23 Credits
Experiential Education University Requirement - EDGE Program (3 Credits)
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the EDGE courses for graduation.
See Experiential Education for more information.
Bachelor’s Degree Type: Arts or Science Requirement (12* or 16** Credits)
Select one degree type from either Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science:
Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement 12 Credits
* Note: Most or all of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Transfer students not majoring in a math or science field may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Foreign Language Requirement 16 Credits
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
General Studies Curriculum Summary (54 Credits)
Required Core Courses (6 Credits)
General Studies Courses (48 Credits)
- Students must complete a plan of study and have it approved by the Dean of the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies.
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 additional upper-division credits within their plan of study (21 upper-division credits total, including the Core courses).
Free Electives (11-32 Credits)
Total elective credit is determined by General Education courses taken, degree type selected, additional credits earned, and any additional math or other prerequisite courses needed. For a bachelor’s degree, students must earn a minimum of 40 upper-division credits (courses numbered 3000-4999). Students may need to select additional upper-division courses not included in their major requirements in order to reach this minimum. Please consult your Student Success Advisor for details.
Total Credits, B.A./B.S. Degree: 120