Apr 18, 2021
PSY 1010 - General Psychology does not count toward the 39 credits required for the major, but it will count as General Education credit in the Social and Behavioral Science Knowledge Area.
General Education Requirement (32-36 Credits)
See General Education .
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 20-23 credits
Experiential Education University Requirement - EDGE Program (3 Credits)
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the EDGE courses for graduation.
See Experiential Education .
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
B.S. Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement (12 credits)
* Note: Most or all of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Transfer students not majoring in a math or science field may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult a Student Success Advisor for details.
Psychology Curriculum Summary
Psychology Major (39 Credits)
A total of 39 credits, with a grade of “C-” or better, is required for a major in psychology. No more than 12 lower division credits (1000 and 2000 level courses) may be counted toward this total of 39 credits.
Foundation Courses (7 Credits)
Methods Courses (8 Credits) Choose two of the following course/lab sets:
Choose 8 credits from the following course/lab sets: (Note: a given course/lab set many not be broken up.)
Developmental Courses (3 Credits) Choose one of the following:
Mind/Body Courses (3 Credits) Choose one of the following:
Capstone Courses (3 Credits) Choose one of the following:
- Additional psychology courses from the department’s offerings 15 credits
- To graduate, students will need an additional 33-36 credits from outside of the major. Please consult with an academic advisor to determine how these credits can best be completed to complement the student’s area of interest.
Total Credits, B.S. degree: 120
Students may count up to 3 hours of Internship Credit (PSY 4890 ) toward the major.
Exceptions to these requirements must receive departmental approval. Students are encouraged to work closely with an academic advisor to plan their psychology program.