Nov 28, 2020
Summary of Graduation Requirements
To graduate with an HRHM major (non-business degree) in the School of Business, students must:
- Meet the requirements of the prerequisite core in the major as listed below. A GPA of 2.5 or better is necessary in all core areas in the major.
- If a minor is selected, meet the requirements as stated in the catalog.
- Meet the other requirements for graduation as defined by the University.
- Complete the General Education and Experiential Education requirements. Transfer students can meet this requirement by the following means:
- Complete the GE requirements at one of the other four-year colleges in the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE), or
- Complete the associate of science or associate of arts degree from a community college within the USHE. (Transfer students from other community colleges must have the General Education requirements evaluated by the Registrar.) Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree must take the American Institution requirement to graduate. (This course may be taken at a junior college or at SUU. See the Student Development Center or Registrar’s Office for a suitable equivalent.)
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours.
- Complete a minimum of 40 upper-division semester hours (course number 300 or above from an accredited four-year college or university).
- Have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Have a 2.5 GPA or better in all of the business core and upper-division major core requirements.
General Education Requirement (32-36 Credits)
See General Education .
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 20-23 credits
Experiential Education University Requirement - EDGE Program (3 Credits)
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the EDGE courses for graduation.
See Experiential Education .
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree Requirement (12 Credits*)
B.S. Degree - Math or Science minimum requirement (12 credits)
* Note: Most or all of the B.S. requirements may be met by fulfilling the General Education Core and Knowledge Areas. Because of this, these credits are typically not counted in the degree total at the bottom of page. Transfer students not majoring in a math or science field may need additional math/science courses to reach the minimum 12 credits. Consult a Student Success Advisor for details.
Hotel, Resort, & Hospitality Management Program Prerequisites
Hotel, Resort, & Hospitality Management Curriculum Summary (40 Credits)
Select One of the Following Tracks (9 Credits)
Food & Beverage Management
Lodging & Convention Management
Other Electives (17-20 Credits)
- Free Electives 17-20 Credits
Total Credits, B.S. Degree: 120