Mar 18, 2018
Summary of Graduation Requirements
To graduate with Business Education major (non-business degree) in the School of Business, students must:
- Meet the requirements of the prerequisite core in the major as listed in the catalog. A GPA of 2.5 or better is necessary in all core areas in the major.
- If a minor is necessary, meet the requirements as stated in the catalog.
- Meet the other requirements for graduation as defined by the University.
- Complete the General Education requirements. Transfer students can meet this requirement by the following means:
- Complete the GE requirements at one of the other four-year colleges in the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE), or
- Complete the associate of science or associate of arts degree from a community college within the USHE. (Transfer students from other community colleges must have the General Education requirements evaluated by the Registrar.) Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree must take the American Institution requirement to graduate. (This course may be taken at a junior college or at SUU. See the Academic Advisement Center or Registrar’s Office for a suitable equivalent.)
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours.
- Complete a minimum of 40 upper-division semester hours (course number 300 or above from an accredited four-year college or university).
- Have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Have a 2.5 GPA or better in all of the business core and upper-division major core requirements.
General Education Requirement (32-36 Credits)
See General Education .
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 20-23 credits
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
B.A. Degree - Foreign Language Requirement (16 credits)
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult a Student Success Advisor for details.
Business Education Composite Curriculum Summary (B.A.
Business Core (27 Credits)
* Meets Requirements for General Education
Business Information Technology Core (9 Credits)
Secondary Education Core (40 credits)
Please see Secondary Education Licensure for the degree requirements for Secondary Education Licensure. Some classes required for the licensure cannot be taken until the teacher candidate has been admitted to the Teacher Education Department. Please consult your advisor or the Teacher Education Department for further instruction.
RECOMMENDED - PBL or Collegiate DECA at least 1 Semester
Total Credits, B.A. Degree: 123-124