Apr 18, 2021
General Education Requirement (32-36 Credits)
See General Education .
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 20-23 credits
Experiential Education University Requirement - EDGE Program (3 Credits)
NOTE: As of 7/12/2019, students pursuing this bachelor’s degree are no longer required to complete the EDGE courses for graduation.
See Experiential Education .
General Studies Students should consult an advisor to identify an appropriate plan to meet the Experiential Education/EDGE requirement.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree Requirement (16 Credits**)
B.A. Degree - Foreign Language Requirement (16 credits)
** Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. These credits are typically counted in the degree total at the bottom of the page. Consult a Student Success Advisor for details.
General Studies Requirements
Courses Selected for the General Studies Major (54 credits)
- Complete General Education requirements.
- Complete EDGE Program requirements.
- Complete 54 credits in the approved plan of study (including GOSC 4010 and GOSC 4020 ).
- Students must complete a plan of study and have it approved by the Dean of the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies.
- Complete an approved capstone experience (GOSC 4020 ).
- Complete 40 upper-division credits, with a minimum of 21 in the General Studies major.
- Bachelor of Arts students must complete 16 credits of foreign language (or proficiency test).
- Earn a total of 120 credits (30 of which must be from SUU; 20 of those 30 must be upper-division).
- Only classes with a “C-” or better will be counted toward the General Studies major.
General Electives (12-15 credits)
Total for Degree: 120 credits