Overview of Program
The SUU Master of Business Administration program is accredited by AACSB, which represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. In our accelerated program, full-time students can complete the M.B.A. in one year if they have previously satisfied a set of foundation-course requirements typically attained with a bachelor’s degree in a business field. A comprehensive program, which can be completed in two years of full-time study, is also available for those without prior business training. M.B.A. courses are offered in both face-to-face and online formats, and the entire degree can be completed online if desired.
The Southern Utah University M.B.A. program produces capable business leaders who are prepared with the necessary management and analytic skills to make high-quality decisions in any business capacity.
While we provide our M.B.A. students with a solid foundation of human and technical management knowledge and skills, a hallmark of our program is the opportunity for students to pursue projects and mentored study on issues of their own interest. Our commitment to this process of active learning is driven by our desire to produce confident leaders who can think critically, engage in a process of discovery, and implement appropriate policies.
The M.B.A. further supports the vision and mission of the School of Business by increasing the level of academic opportunity for the region, while enhancing the visibility and reputation of the School and University.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop an understanding of the global, ethical, and sociopolitical context of business.
- Use and integrate knowledge from core areas of business.
- Effectively use strategic analysis and decision-making skills, supported by appropriate quantitative methods and information technology.
Admission and Graduation Information
Requirements for Admission into the School of Business M.B.A. Program
Admission to the accelerated (1-year) M.B.A. program is based on the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Completion of at least 24 credit hours of the M.B.A. foundation coursework.
- Attainment of either of the following:
- A GPA and total GMAT score that jointly yield an Index Score of at least 1400, where Index Score = 200 x (GPA on last 60 undergraduate credit hours) + 1.5 x (Total GMAT score). Note: The GRE may be used in lieu of the GMAT. A GMAT comparison tool for score conversion can be found at www.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool.
- Undergraduate coursework that meets the following conditions: (1) an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better; (2) completion of the M.B.A. foundation from an AACSB-accredited business program; and (3) a cumulative GPA in the foundation coursework of at least 3.3.
- Three letters of academic recommendation (requirement waived for SUU business graduates).
- Students with a bachelor’s degree from an institution outside of the U.S. must provide an international evaluation and course syllabi for content review prior to acceptance to the program. Please see www.suu.edu/iss/pdf/transferring-credits-from-an-international-university-to-suu.pdf.
Admission to the comprehensive (2-year) M.B.A. program is based on the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Demonstrated math proficiency at the level of College Algebra (satisfied with a grade of “B-” or better in a standard course in College Algebra).
- Three letters of academic recommendation.
- Students with a bachelor’s degree from an institution outside of the U.S. must provide an international evaluation prior to acceptance to the program. Please see www.suu.edu/iss/pdf/transferring-credits-from-an-international-university-to-suu.pdf.
Under certain circumstances, and at the discretion of the graduate committee, prospective students who do not strictly meet all acceptance requirements may be admitted to the M.B.A. program conditionally. For those admitted conditionally, continuation in the program is contingent on meeting requirements specified by the graduate committee.
Professional work experience is the primary consideration for conditional admission. Prospective students seeking conditional admission must include a detailed resume with their application demonstrating at least three (3) years of significant managerial experience.
|Semester Start Date
||Application Deadline (First Consideration)
Applications may be considered after the dates listed above, until one week prior to the start of classes each semester, if space is available and all application materials are in order. Please note that applications for graduate assistantships, tuition waivers, and other forms of financial aid may be due prior to these dates. Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A completed Graduate Application form.
- A non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from each college or university previously attended. Transcripts should be sent directly to the SUU Admissions Office.
- Official GMAT or GRE test score, if applicable.
- Three letters of recommendation, if applicable.
- Students with a bachelor’s degree from an institution outside of the U.S. must provide the additional materials described at www.suu.edu/international/graduate-admission-requirements.html.
- Graduate students must complete their program within six (6) years of matriculation.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all graduate courses to graduate. Students who fail to maintain a 3.0 average GPA may be dismissed from the program.
- No grade below a “C” will be counted toward graduation.
- Graduate courses cannot be repeated more than once.