Oct 20, 2017
Summary of Graduation Requirements
To graduate with an HRHM major (non-business degree) in the School of Business, students must:
- Meet the requirements of the prerequisite core in the major as listed below. A GPA of 2.5 or better is necessary in all core areas in the major.
- If a minor is selected, meet the requirements as stated in the catalog.
- Meet the other requirements for graduation as defined by the University.
- Complete the General Education and Experiential Education requirements. Transfer students can meet this requirement by the following means:
- Complete the GE requirements at one of the other four-year colleges in the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE), or
- Complete the associate of science or associate of arts degree from a community college within the USHE. (Transfer students from other community colleges must have the General Education requirements evaluated by the Registrar.) Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree must take the American Institution requirement to graduate. (This course may be taken at a junior college or at SUU. See the Student Development Center or Registrar’s Office for a suitable equivalent.)
- Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours.
- Complete a minimum of 40 upper-division semester hours (course number 300 or above from an accredited four-year college or university).
- Have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Have a 2.5 GPA or better in all of the business core and upper-division major core requirements.
General Education Requirement (32-36 Credits)
See General Education .
- Core Course Requirements 12-13 credits
- Knowledge Area Requirements 20-23 credits
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree Requirement (16 Credits)
B.A. Degree - Foreign Language Requirement (16 credits)
Note: One semester of a foreign language may also fulfill the General Education Humanities requirement. The 16 credits may be fulfilled by taking four semesters of a foreign language or by testing out of a language and purchasing the credits. See an advisor for details.
Hotel, Resort, & Hospitality Management Program Prerequisites
Hotel, Resort, & Hospitality Management Curriculum Summary (40 Credits)
Hotel, Resort & Hospitality Management Core (31 Credits)
Select One of the Following Tracks (9 Credits)
Food & Beverage Management
Lodging & Convention Management
Other Electives (17-20 Credits)
- Free Electives 17-20 Credits
Total Credits, B.A. Degree: 120