Dean: Patrick Clarke
Bennion Building 312 ~ (435) 586-5479
Associate Dean: John “Jeb” Branin
Bennion Building 312~ (435) 596-5424
Dean’s Administrative Assistant: Debra Pool
Bennion Building 312 ~ (435) 865-8582
Assoc. Dean’s Administrative Assistant: Shannon Marshall
Bennion Building 312 ~ (435) 586-7808
Experiential Education Requirement - EDGE Program
Degrees/Program Titles, Services and Centers
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies, B.I.S.
The BIS allows students to develop and customize a program of study with unique interests that are interdisciplinary in nature for their career goals. Students can combine courses and have more than two emphases from various disciplines to prepare them for an ever-changing job market, in which interdisciplinary knowledge offers a distinct advantage.
For further information regarding the B.I.S. degree, please visit https://www.suu.edu/siel/
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science Degree in General Studies
SUU offers an Associate of Arts (AA) and an Associate of Science (AS) degree in general studies.
Candidates for either degree must:
- Complete a minimum of 60 credit hours (24 of the final 30 hours must be completed in residence).
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all work completed at SUU, as well as a 2.0 for a combined SUU/Transfer overall GPA.
- Complete all SUU general education requirements.
- For the AA degree: Complete eight hours of one foreign language, beyond the 1010 level. All foreign language classes must be completed with a “C” grade or higher.
Please see: Obtaining a Degree at SUU
Services, Institutes, and Centers
- Community Engagement Center
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Convocations Lecture Series
- Creativity Center
- Experiential Learning Leadership Institute (ELLI)
- Festival of Excellence
- Honors Program
- Honors Societies & Scholarships
- K12 Programs
- Learning Abroad
- Outdoor Engagement Center
- Under Graduate Research and Scholarship Program (UGRASP)